Concrete happens to be one of the most common materials used in constructing residential, commercial, and other buildings. The importance of this concrete cannot be overemphasized as it ensures that foundations are stable.
While concrete is used to carry out such important tasks, you will find it interesting to know that you can also use concrete for other activities. It could be used to enhance the aesthetic appeal of a building. The use of concrete for decorative purposes can be achieved through various materials and is applied during the pouring process.
Why Should You Use Decorative Concrete
There are a couple of reasons why most people choose decorative concrete and some of these reasons are;
- The cost; decorative concrete floor, for example, could be compared favorably with some of the best flooring options like; ceramic, wood, quarry tiles etc. It has been revealed that decorative concrete flooring can also save you loads of money when they are compared with some of the more popular flooring options.
- The durability; one of the most interesting facts about concrete is that it is super durable and does not require much maintenance compared to other options. When you decide to use concrete to decorate either your floor or your wall, you are sure that it is durable. They are capable of lasting for over 30 years, that is if you properly maintain them.
- They are versatile; when your decorative concrete is installed by highly trained specialists, you are offered unlimited options. It could be applied in any way. Also, it can be customized to meet your specific interest. Interestingly, decorative concrete can be used for your floor, your wall, your basement, your kitchen etc. It is versatile!
- It has great health benefits; when you decide to use decorative concrete for your floor, it is a far better alternative to other flooring options like carpeting. Decorative concrete flooring offers people suffering respiratory allergies and ailments stability. It ensures that dust and other particles that may trigger these ailments and allergies are reduced drastically.
What Concrete Could Be Used For
- Polishing; you could decide to use decorative concrete to polish diamond pads. There are tons of processes involved and this is why it is advised that you hire the services of a well skilled concrete contractor.
- Engraving; this can be achieved by adding lines to the surface of the concrete. This is mostly done by making use of a certain rare piece of equipment.
- Form liner; it could also be cast into detailed and unique designs by making use of the urethane form liner. This decorative concrete is often seen in bridges, retaining walls etc.
Questions To Ask Before Hiring The Services Of A Decorative Concrete Contractor
While decorative concrete could make your home more appealing, it is important that you choose a well-trained contractor. Some of the questions you can ask include;
- Are you certified?
- Are you insured?
- How long have you been a decorative concrete contractor?
- When would the job be completed?
What is the cost?